With a small number of standard problems, the diesel version of the Peugeot 407 became the most affordable choice among used cars. Low cost, thrifty and powerful engines, and a sedan concept have ensured its long survival in the used car market.
The last wave of Peugeot cars wearing that distinctive 206-style style should end with the generation number seven (except for the 308). Attractive, loaded with accessories and, as it turns out, quite reliable, they are second in popularity among French cars today. However, Peugeot with the number seven could very easily become the first in popularity among used cars. This time around, we split the mid-range sedan, the Peugeot 407, which was manufactured from 2004 to 2010, with one redesign made in the summer of 2008.
Internet ads, newspaper ads and any other kind of cheap used car promotion are sure to have several Peugeot 407s in their ranks, and this is almost unprecedented, powered by a 1,6-liter and two-liter HDi engine. The main reason for the large number of used Peugeot 407 HDi is evident in their sedan concept, reliable engines, but also a good price that is equivalent to the price of compact German cars. However, the equipment, attractive looks and price are just a part of the story, while the most important reason for the invasion of the Peugeot 407 on the roads is still hidden in the voice of the reliable car it carries in Western European markets.
Problems and recalls
- Peugeot 407 was first recalled on 11.04.2005. years. A factory fault was observed on the fuel lines that leaked the diesel fuel. 2.573 diesel cars were recalled and 206 and 307 were recalled as well. The recall is registered under code R / 2005/047.
- The second recall of November 2005 included 8.615 Peugeot 407. The cars were recalled due to a software error. Specifically, the software sent a signal to the electric motor, which started the engine even without a key in the lock. If the car was "in gear", it would start moving. The repairers resolved the problem by installing new software, and the recall was registered with the code R / 2005/164.
- In February 2006, 319 copies of the Peugeot 407 were recalled. All of the recalled copies were computer errors that did not interrupt the fuel supply to the injectors. The injectors constantly pumped fuel into the cylinders, which eventually had too much fuel in them. The engine could not be started and the software error was corrected on the recalled instances. The recall is registered with number R / 2006/040.
- In mid-2006, 635 copies of the Peugeot 407 Coupe and Peugeot 607 were revoked. The problem was solved by the installation of new software and the recall was registered with the code R / 2006/104.
- In November 2006, 115 specimens of the Peugeot 407 were recalled. The problem was once again expressed on diesel models. Specifically, the fuel lines close to the pressure sensor were too narrow, which prevented the usual supply of fuel to the system. Moreover, fuel also leaked at the conduit assemblies. Inadequate conductors were replaced on the recalled specimens, and the recall was registered under code R / 2006/213.
- 45 Peugeot 407 and Peugeot 607 were recalled on 24.01.2007. years. On the recalled specimens, the fuel pump was not adequately positioned which strained the fuel lines and caused the fuel to leak. On recalled specimens, the pump and conductors are positioned in the appropriate position. The recall is registered with code R / 2007/014.
- In the second month of 2007, 896 specimens of Peugeot 407 that were manufactured as of February 15.02.2006, 31.08.2006, were recalled. until 2007. years. The recalled specimens had a problem with the electric motor of the cooling system fan, which overheated, and could thus cause a fire under the bonnet. The engine was replaced on all recalled specimens. The recall is registered with code R / 039/XNUMX.
- In February 2008, 19.867 specimens of Peugeot 307, 407, 607, 807 and Expert III were recalled, which were manufactured as of July 01.07.2005, 31.12.2006. until 2008. years. The problem was expressed at the brake vacuum pump, and was manifested through greater resistance of the brake pedal and reduced brake efficiency. On all recalled specimens, the vacuum pump was completely replaced. The recall is registered with code R / 015/XNUMX.
- In February 2008, an additional 1.140 copies of the Peugeot 407 were recalled due to brake oil leaking from the system. The oil was leaking at the valve of the brake servo device, thus reducing the brake force. On the recalled specimens, the valve on the brake servo was replaced. The recall is registered under code R / 2008/035.
- In mid-2008, 7.360 models of Model 207, 307, 407, 308 and Partner manufactured as of February 27.02.2008, 09.06.2008 were recalled. until 2008. years. Peugeot ordered all services to replace the computer case that controls the operation of all electronic systems in the car. Namely, the housing was not made to the proper specifications, which led to the failure of accessories. The recall is registered under code R / 094/XNUMX.
- In July 2007, Peugeot recalled 2.323 models of the 407, 607, 807 and 4007. Diesel fuel lines were not properly secured. The vibration caused damage to the fuel lines, which emitted diesel fuel. On the recalled specimens, the conductors are fixed and the damaged parts are replaced. The recall is registered under code R / 2008/106.
- In October 2010, 1.186 specimens of the Peugeot 407 and Peugeot 607 produced as of March 01.03.2004, 31.05.2007 were recalled. until 2009. The brake pump maintained low pressure in the brake system, which reduced the efficiency of the brakes. The repairers repaired the error on all recalled copies and the recall was registered with the code R / 120/XNUMX.
- 510 copies of the Peugeot 407 were recalled at the end of October 2010. The problem was caused by a poor handbrake lever that was detaching from the parking brake cable. Specimens with a chassis number of VF3 ****** AL001335 do VF3 ****** AL009536, and a new handbrake lever is fitted on each specimen. The recall is registered with code R / 2010/163.
- The Peugeot 407 was last recalled in December 2010. A total of 24.220 Peugeot 307, 308, 407, 607, 807 and Expert II models have been recalled, manufactured since December 15.12.2006, 31.03.2009. until XNUMX. The problem was expressed on the valve in the brake vacuum pump which did not maintain sufficient pressure in the brake system. Specimens with a chassis number ofVF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147, od VF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147, odVF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147, od VF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147, odVF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147 and from VF3 ****** 13325840 do VF3 ****** 9Z013147. On all recalled specimens, the valve in the brake vacuum pump was replaced and the recall was registered with mark R / 2010/222.
Written by: Adnan Huseinagic
Recommendation of similar texts:
Hi there, I am Mladen and I am an auto enthusiast. I started this blog years ago to help like minded people share information about latest cars, car servicing ideas, used car info, exotic cars, and auto technology. You will find helpful articles and videos on a wide variety of cars - Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Porsche, Volvo, BMW and much more. Ping us if you have anything cool to share on latest cars or on how to make older cars more efficient, or just want to say hi!