Thanks to the Hyundai i30, Hyundai has begun to move away from cheap cars. In 2007, Hyundai offered a new model that flirts with the strongest competitors in the market, such as Ford Focus i Volkswagen Golf. The Hyundai i30 is also the pioneer of new Hyundai vehicle names initially and a number that represents the vehicle class. Hyundai is also the first in its offer to be adapted to the requirements of the European customer and constructed in Europe.
Year of production: 2007 - 2011
Heir to i30 (2011-)
Class: lower middle class
Competitors: Kia Cee'd, Renault Megane, VW Golf, Peugeot 307/308, Citroen C4, Opel Astra, Ford Focus, Toyota Auris, Honda Civic
Models: 5 door hatchback, station wagon
Euro NCAP: ★★★★★ (2008)
Advantages - Hyundai i30
+ Lots of space inside
+ Good equipment
+ Comfortable ride
Mane - Hyundai i30
- Some elements in the interior of cheap plastic
- Loud diesel engine
- The steering wheel does not give enough feedback
Recommendation - Hyundai i30
Gasoline engine - 1.4 CVVT (80kW) Life
Diesel engine - 1.6 CRDi (85kW) Comfort
Review of faults and failures - Hyundai i30
Mechanics - Hyundai i30
- Often the clutch squeaks.
- For vehicles with higher mileage, the idling of the vehicle engine occurs. The problem is often the result of a dirty gas flap.
- Occasional power steering problems as a result of pump failure due to overheating.
- Improper idle operation. Engine shutdown. Accumulated soot deposits in the idle speed control (ISC) actuator. Clean the idle speed control (ISC) actuator.
- ALL MODELS WITH PETROL ENGINES 1.4 / 1.6 FROM 2011 - Engine clicks at acceleration between 1500-2200 / min at normal operating temperature. Engine Computer Software (ECM) Error. Test electronics and mechanics components (as needed) to eliminate other possible causes. If: No error found: Reprogram the engine computer (ECM) with the upgraded program.
- ALL MODELS WITH GASOLINE ENGINES 1.4 / 1.6 - Engine Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminates. Engine Computer Program (ECM) Error. Test electronics and mechanics components (as needed) to eliminate other possible causes. If no error is found: Reprogram the engine computer (ECM) with the updated software.
- A squeak / squeak when the clutch pedal is depressed or released. Insufficient lubrication in the production of the clutch release regulator. Replace the clutch release lever adjuster. Apply the lubricant to the contact surfaces of the clutch release lever.
- ALL MODELS WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION (AT), 09/06 / 08-30 / 10/08 - Irregular sound from the transmission. Unsecured selector cable damper. Clean the selector cable near the muffler. Glue the muffler sleeve in position
Car body - Hyundai i30
- Problems with the body, corrosion, due to poor protection of the sills and the lower part of the rear door due to contact with stones from the road, which leads to paint damage and thus corrosion. The problem was solved with additional curtains behind the front wheels and transparent protective films on the doors. After the restyling, plastic sills were added to the car to prevent this problem.
- In some vehicles, rust on the side door has become a problem due to the poorly protected grooves around the windows. This problem was solved under the warranty by adding a protective coating and painting the above part, on vehicles where the rash had been gripped a lot the door had been replaced.
Interior - Hyundai i30
- The biggest problem is the sizzle inside the instrument panel.
- Occasionally it is not possible to lock the vehicle with the remote control. The steering column lock is not engaged. Defective ignition key safety switch. Replace the ignition key safety switch. Lubricate the ignition lock cylinder.
Electricity - Hyundai i30
- Some owners complain about the problem of reading music from USB, which has been resolved by re-formatting the USB to a proper format.
- .More owners reported problems due to low battery. The problem lies in the failure of the EPS module not to switch off the ignition switch. Problem solved by reprogramming.
- ALL MODELS 02 / 2010-02 / 2011 -The instrument panel gauges occasionally fall to their starting position. Daylight flashes occasionally. Internal error of the instrument control module. Insert a modified instrument panel. The modified instrument panel is marked with a green dot.
- In the 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines, the warning light and the knock light start to explode when accelerating. The problem is usually solved by reprogramming the ECU unit.
- More complaints about non-functioning remote locking.
- ALL MODELS WITH GASOLINE ENGINES 1.4 / 1.6 FROM 13/05/08 - Poor start or cannot start. The power steering control module remains on after the ignition is OFF. Power Steering Control Module Program Error. Reprogram the power steering control module with the updated software
Revocation - Hyundai i30
- The i30 has not received any official recall.
Recommendation of similar texts:
Hi there, I am Mladen and I am an auto enthusiast. I started this blog years ago to help like minded people share information about latest cars, car servicing ideas, used car info, exotic cars, and auto technology. You will find helpful articles and videos on a wide variety of cars - Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Porsche, Volvo, BMW and much more. Ping us if you have anything cool to share on latest cars or on how to make older cars more efficient, or just want to say hi!