The Honda Civic is Honda's most successful model sold successfully worldwide. In the eighth generation of this successful model, Honda opted for a highly futuristic approach, at least in terms of interior and exterior.
Year of production: 2006 - 2011
Restailing: 2009 and 2011
Class: lower middle class
Competitors: Peugeot 308/307, Ford Focus, Renault Megane, VW Golf, Seat Leon
Models Sedan, Sedan (3 and 5 doors)
Euro-NCAP: ★★★★★ (2009) ★★★★ (2006)
Advantages - Honda Civic
+ Unique and modern look
+ A comfortable and spacious interior
+ 2.2 iCTDi
+ Positioning and handling
+ Works Quality
Mane - Honda Civic
- Rear visibility
- 1.4 petrol engine
- Sensitive interior
- No spare tire
Recommendation - Honda Civic
Review of faults and failures - Honda Civic
Honda's reliability is shown in its entirety. Most models really have very few failures, and customers are very satisfied. This reputation is intact as far as this generation of Civics is concerned. But it is justified for models with a petrol engine, less so for models with a new diesel engine.
- Common problems with turbochargers for Honda Civic with iCTDi diesel engines, possible problems already at 60000km, most often at 100000km.
- Common Problems with Cracks in the Engine Block (Recall). Oil and coolant leaks requiring engine change.
- Increased or increased oil consumption of iCTDi diesel engines.
- The Honda Civic 2.2 iCTDi diesel has problems with the intake manifold.
- Common problems with a clutch on a Honda Civic with a 2,2 iCTDi diesel engine, where slip can occur at 50 km. The problem may be due to floating flywheel issues.
- Intense wear of the brake discs and pads, especially the rear ones. The rear brake systems corrode the brake pad wall, preventing the disc from moving normally, resulting in slight permanent braking and wear.
- In some gasoline vehicles, it causes corrosion and problems with gas stations
- Frequent cracks in exhaust branches on CTDi diesel engines.
- Common problems with the noisy and poor performance of the rear shock absorbers.
- Frequent engine carrier failure.
- FAP (particle filter). On diesel models, possible blockage of FAP filters and problems. We have to drive to the regeneration workshop, and in the worst case, replace the FAP filter.
- Honda Civic with VTEC engine - Poor engine performance. Engine Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illuminates. Engine oil level too low. Oil pressure on the variable valve timing (VVT) system is too low. Top up the engine oil to the correct level.
- All models Honda Civic 2006/2007 Difficulty starting the engine after filling a completely empty tank. Not enough fuel has been added to the empty fuel tank. At least 7 liters of fuel must be added to the empty tank.
- ALL models with manual and automatic transmission since 2006. - Difficult to engage gears and get stuck. Foreign bodies and / or debris in the gear selector. Remove foreign bodies and / or debris from the gear selector.
- The sound of splashing under the front seats when accelerating and braking is heard. The sound of splashing from the instrument panel while accelerating and braking is heard. Fuel movement in the fuel tank. More pronounced due to the fuel tank located under the front seats. No repair is required. Normal operation.
- Regular problems with the wear of the rubber components of the front trap.
- Front suspension. Noise and knock can be heard on a bumpy path. Shock absorber caps are often a problem. But beware, sometimes they can be loose holders
- Clutch. The pedal "squeals" annoys some owners, both gasoline and diesel engines. Lubrication is the first step. If that's not enough, replacement is an option.
- Honda Civic 2005/2008 Front brake jitter. Very distorted front brake disc. Check that the curvature of the front disc is less than 0,04 mm. Replace the front brake discs if necessary. Check that the front brake disc thickness deviation is less than 0,015 mm. Replace the front brake discs if necessary.
- Noise from rear suspension on uneven surfaces or when driving over lying police officers. The rear sprocket spring is not properly positioned on the stop. Check that the rear suspension spring is correctly positioned. Adjust if necessary.
- Honda Civic with Automatic Shift (ASM) - The ASM shifts slowly from 2nd and 3rd gear. Incorrect tire pressure or tires do not respond, causing incorrect vehicle speed data. Check and adjust the tire pressure. Replace tires if necessary.
- Honda Civic 2006/2008 - The starter doesn't work. The ASM transmission speed position indicator illuminates. ASM Transmission Control Module Software Error. If error codes are stored: P0909, P0919. Clear the error codes. If error codes can be cleared: Install the upgraded ASM transmission control module software. If the error codes cannot be cleared or the ASM transmission selector cannot select the neutral position: Check that the engine ground cable is installed and in good condition. Remove the ASM transmission selector from the transmission. Manually select neutral. Install the ASM transmission selector. Clear the error codes. Install the upgraded ASM transmission control module software.
- The blade front fog lights can be damaged by stones.
- Due to incorrect installation of the headlights in the factory, the color of the body parts that are in contact with the lights is damaged.
- Frequent problems with water leaking inside around the rear window, frequent problems in vehicles equipped with a rear spoiler.
- Common occurrence of water condensation in headlights.
- Often intense front tire wear.
- Locks - Breaking the door handle is not uncommon. Taken as collateral.
- All owners or almost complain about the fragility of gravel painting. Each creates a visible impact. The red and black images are the most sensitive.
door fuel. On some models, this does not open and be replaced. Most commonly supported by the brand.
- All owners are almost complaining about the peeling color. Red and black are the most sensitive.
- The creaking sound from the windshield wiper. Corroded windshield wiper mechanism shafts due to insufficient lubrication in production. Worn windshield wiper mechanism shaft seals due to insufficient lubrication in production. Clean the corrosion from the windshield wiper mechanism shafts. Lubricate the windshield wiper mechanism shafts. Install new windscreen wiper mechanism shafts.
- A common occurrence of sizzling inside the cabin.
- Poor quality of the front sun visors.
- Regular problems with opening the tank door, replacement is the solution.
- In the first vehicles there was a poor finishing of the interior of the door panels and instrument panel.
- Plastics - brittle and sensitive to scratches. The upholstery is of good quality.
- Common problems with receiving radio stations in the original radio.
- An error in connecting the 2.2 iCTDi diesel engine heater can cause it to overheat.
- For vehicles equipped with a 2.2 CDTI diesel engine, voltage malfunctions are common, which can shorten battery life.
- Problems with the operation of the side window electric windows.
- For inexplicable battery discharge, errors are usually in the starter or faulty fuel quantity sensor.
- The sensor oil level sensor must sometimes be reprogrammed.
- The ABS, brake, and parking brake control indicators illuminate when the engine is started, because the battery voltage is low when the engine is started. Check fault codes. Correct mistakes if necessary. Charge or replace the battery.
- Honda Civic 2006/2007 Error code: U0122. CAN system error reporting. Poor ground connection from ABS control module. Locate and check the condition of the ground connection behind the front bumper.
- A squeak / squeak when the clutch pedal is depressed or released. Dirt contaminated speed control clutch pedal switch. Clean and lubricate the contact points between the travel speed control clutch pedal switch and the clutch pedal.
- Battery discharged. Engine oil level indicator illuminates even though the oil level is correct. ECM Software Error. Re-program the ECM with the upgraded software.
- The internal light is continuously illuminated. Battery discharged. The safety latch does not hold the interior light fixtures well. Electrical installation of interior light blocked by the safety screw of the lighting assembly. Repair the interior light fixtures. The safety hook must hold the interior light fixtures.
- Power Steering Indicator (EPS) indicator illuminates. The power steering (EPS) does not work. Poor connection between EPS pump motor and circuit terminal. Poor connection between ECM and port. Check the pump motor connections of EPS and ECM.
- Honda Civic with headlamp washers since 2008. Headlamp washers do not retract. Dirt entry into headlight washers. Put on modified headlamp washers.
- Honda Civic 2006/2007 -The folding rearview mirror does not work properly. Incorrect synchronization of folding rearview mirror motor mechanism. Re-synchronize the folding mirror by activating 3-4 times. If synchronization fails, replace the rearview mirror.
- Honda Civic with folding mirrors - Folding mirrors unusable or slow to fold. Electric mirror thermal shutdown switch fault. Install the modified electric mirror thermal shut-off switch.
Revocation - Honda Civic
02/10/2006 Revocation due to possible penetration of water into the tank.
16/04/2008 Cancel possible parking brake failure.
22/06/2010 Revocation mechanically malfunctions the connection between the brake pedal and the brake cylinder, resulting in reduced braking power.
06/09/2010 Possible problem in the airbag system.
30/11/2011 A short circuit may occur in the wires around the motor (type D).
16/07/2012 Problems with the operation of the I-Shift automatic transmission.
Recommendation of similar texts:
Hi there, I am Mladen and I am an auto enthusiast. I started this blog years ago to help like minded people share information about latest cars, car servicing ideas, used car info, exotic cars, and auto technology. You will find helpful articles and videos on a wide variety of cars - Audi, Mercedes, Toyota, Porsche, Volvo, BMW and much more. Ping us if you have anything cool to share on latest cars or on how to make older cars more efficient, or just want to say hi!